Reducing the Risk of Groundwater Contamination By Improving Livestock Manure Storage and Treatment Facilities
By: B.L. Harris, D.W. Hoffman and F.J. Mazac, Jr.
A publication that addresses issues arising when landowners answer “yes” to these questions:
- Are you aware of manure sampling and testing procedures?
- Do you store livestock waste for longer than 90 days on your property?
- Do you store livestock waste for short periods (30 to 90 days) on your property?
- Do you store livestock waste closer than 150 feet from any water wells?
- Do you use lagoons or detention ponds to store livestock waste?
- Are there any abandoned livestock waste storage facilities on your property?
Download Full Article