AFA Mission: Promote good stewardship of our renewable forest resources for the benefit of society and the forestry community.
AFA Vision: Represent our members as the Voice of Forestry in Alabama in state and national affairs; and support sustainable forestry practices and programs.
AFA accomplishes these goals by:
- Providing education programs to help teachers, students and the general public learn the importance Alabama’s forest resource.
- Advancing professionalism and safety training among Alabama timber harvesters and transporters, growers and managers.
- Communicating the latest news and events to our members through various AFA publications.
- Maintaining a full-time government affairs division to watch out for the interests of the forest community in the halls of the Legislature and state regulatory offices.
- Supporting tax policies and regulations that: encourage reforestation; ensure proper management practices; and stabilize forest land ownership. Click here for the latest on the property tax lawsuit threatening Alabama’s forestry community.