The Amador County Fire Safe Council is a non-profit organization that partners local businesses, community organizations, and property owners of Amador County.
Our advisors include the USFS, CDF, BLM, Amador Resource Conservation District, the Amador County Board of Supervisors and Central Sierra RC&D. We are also assisted by numerous volunteers who help to make this vital organization work for you.
The Amador Fire Safe Council is chartered to educate and assist Amador County residents in keeping their properties and Amador County a Fire Safe Community.
Look to the Amador Fire Safe Council to provide:
- Educational workshops to teach you and your neighborhood how to become a fire wise community
- Distribution of fire safety materials on fire preparedness and ways to maintain a fire safe home and property such as fire resistant plants and personal home evacuation plans
- Helping your neighborhood develop community fire plans
- Help you to get involved in short term action projects to benefit you and your community through volunteering and/or participation in meetings and special interest groups
- Keeping you informed about other projects that can benefit you and your neighborhood including the senior assistance project, chipper project, fuel-reduction plans and other important fire-wise projects
- And linking you to resources on the web to help you keep informed and aware of fire safe issues