Home Buyer Inspections, Energy Efficiency Solutions…. Educational and Enlightening. See my video below to learn more about my experience. Note: I focus on inspections and energy audits, not improvement services.
Home Inspections are a valuable tool to learn about your future home…if you choose a knowledgeable inspector. Inspections restore confidence and are a valuable tool in negotiating repairs before you buy. For most, buying a home is their largest single purchase. Avoid Remorse. Buy with Confidence. Regret is optional.
When we purchase a home we want some reassurance that it will meet our expectations. We want to know that the home is safe, that it’s systems operate properly and that there are no undisclosed damages. Simply put, we want piece of mind and full disclosure. We also want to know if there are issues that may impact future saleability.
Why is a home inspection valuable?
- The inspection report is a valuable negotiation tool – Saves money!
- Identifies safety hazards and dangerous mechanical failures – Saves lives!
- Identifies water and electrical problems – Saves inconvenience!
- Identifies poor construction techniques – Be proactive, not caught off guard!
- Identifies recalls- Some homes have major recall items. Bad plumbing, electrical and heating systems.
General Home Inspection Checklist Items:
- Structural Elements:
- Inspect integrity of walls, ceilings, floors, roof and foundation
- Exterior Evaluation:
- Inspect wall coverings, landscaping, grading, elevation, drainage, driveways, fences, sidewalks, fascia, trim, doors and windows.
- Roof and Attic:
- Framing, ventilation, type of roof construction, flashing and gutters. It does not include a guarantee of roof condition nor a roof certification.
- Identification of pipe materials used for potable, drain, waste and vent pipes. Including condition. Toilets, showers, sinks, faucets and traps. It does not include a sewer inspection.
- Systems and Components:
- Water heaters, furnaces, air conditioning, ductwork, chimney, fireplace and sprinklers.
- Main panel, circuit breakers, types of wiring, grounding, exhaust fans, receptacles, ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Dishwasher, range and oven, built-in microwaves, garbage disposal and, yes, even smoke detectors.
- Slab, walls, ceiling, vents, entry, firewall, garage door, openers, lights, receptacles, exterior, windows and roof.
- We provide inspections is Boise, Star, Eagle, Nampa