Columcille, Inc.

 Welcome to ...

a playground of myth and mystery located in the Appalachian Mountains of eastern Pennsylvania.

a park rooted in Celtic spirituality and inspired by the Isle of Iona off the coast of Scotland.

an outdoor sanctuary open to the public as a sacred space for quiet meditation.

Columcille, Inc. is a nonprofit organization established in 1978 to promote transformation through inner and outer work. It has its origins in Casa Colum (Gaelic for Home of the Dove), a small house opened in 1975 by William Cohea Jr. as a ‘salon by the side of the road’ where ‘tired sinners and reluctant saints’ could drop by and share their experiences and ideas. Cohea had been inspired during a visit to the Isle of Iona to create an open space which welcomed people of all faiths and traditions interested in renewal and transformation.

In partnership with Fred Lindkvist and "Friends of Columcille," the original foundation grew and Columcille erected the St. Columba Chapel in 1979. The building took its name from Colum Cille, the 6th century Irish monk who founded a monastic community on Iona.

Contact Columcille, Inc.

2155 Fox Gap Rd
Bangor, Pennsylvania  18013-6022
Phone: (610) 588-1174


Service Area

Statewide service provider in:
  • Pennsylvania

To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator