Edward L Rose Conservancy

The Conservancy is a not-for-profit organization, 501(C)3, established in 1987 to protect natural resources through land and water conservation, provide sanctuary for wildlife, and preserve scenic beauty. Named for Edward L. Rose, who was dedicated to maintaining the rural aspect of the area, the initial acquisition of 375 acres was accomplished through the generosity of a group of local citizens who purchased the land from Edward Rose’s estate.

The Rose inheritance dates back to 1809 when Dr. Robert Rose purchased 100,000 acres in Northeastern Pennsylvania in part of what was to become Susquehanna County. The area has remained rural since that time although there has been increasing development in recent years.

The Conservancy is supported through donations, gifts of land, and annual membership dues. All memberships and gifts qualify as tax deductible charitable contributions.

Edward L Rose Conservancy2013


Contact Edward L Rose Conservancy

Kristina Ely
Executive Director
P. O. Box 8
Montrose, Pennsylvania  18801
Phone: (570) 278-9500


Service Area

Services provided in:
  • Broome County, New York
  • Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania

To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator