Farm Service Agency
Contact Farm Service Agency
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Farm Service Agency
- Chesapeake Bay Watershed Conservation
- Regional partnership works with farmers to improve agricultural practices and improve water quality within the Chesapeake Bay Watershed.
- Cooperative Conservation in Louisiana
- Partnership seeks to restore thousands of acres of black bear, waterfowl and songbird habitat throughout Louisiana’s “hardwood rain forest”.
- Dakota County Minnesota Farmland and Natural Areas Program
- This voluntary program seeks to protect 5,000-10,000 acres of priority Dakota County farmlands and natural areas over the next 10 years.
- Fox Creek Riparian Zone Restoration
- Installation of seven miles of fencing and 4,000 cuttings was completed in September, 2003. With the help of six partners, Fox Creek is now protected from trespass cattle and in restoration.
- Grass Roots Source Water Protection Program
- Grassroots outreach and education program encourages voluntary conservation by landowners, farmers and ranchers to prevent drinking water pollution.
- Illinois River Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP)
- The Illinois River Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) helps farmers improve water quality in the Illinois River and restore bottomland habitat through conservation easements.
- Missouri Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program
- The Missouri Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) provides incentives to farmers to restore riparian buffers to reduce sediment, pollutant, and bacterial loading of waterways.
- Murdock Clean Water Partnership
- The community of Murdock, Nebraska, and state and federal partners, used innovative technologies to solve ground and surface water contamination.
- Nebraska Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program
- Nebraska CREP is giving farmers and their partners the resources needed to reduce sediment and nutrient runoff into lakes and waterways.
- North Lake Basin Wetlands Restoration
- Contaminated ground water is cleaned with innovative technology and used to restore wetlands in a critical migratory waterfowl flyway.
- NYC Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program
- New York City, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), agricultural producers, and others address non-point source pollution through voluntary programs that protect stream corridors and working land.
- Ohio Scioto River Basin Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program
- The Ohio Scioto River Basin CREP helps cost-share the creation of conservation buffers and wetlands on private farms to improve water quality.
- Pacific Northwest Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program
- The Pacific Northwest CREP works with farmers to voluntarily establish and maintain long-term riparian buffers on agricultural lands to help protect critical salmon and trout habitat.
- Presidential Quail Initiative
- Natural resource management agencies and groups developed a national, habitat-based recovery plan to reverse decline in bobwhite quail populations.
- Sun River Watershed
- A watershed project established in 1996, that benefits all water users in the Sun River Basin
- Unique Partnership Impacts Wetland and Stream Health
- The Kansas Alliance for Wetlands and Streams implements projects to restore and protect habitat and water quality in Kansas wetlands, streams, and riparian areas.