Idaho Forest Health
Contact Idaho Forest Health
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Idaho Forest Health
- California Tribal Partnerships
- A unique blend of traditional Native American practices and today’s science preserves native customs and contributes to forest health.
- Central Oregon Partnership for Wildfire Risk Reduction
- The Central Oregon Partnership is using small tree harvests as a tool to foster health forest health and build new forest-biomass industries.
- Culebra Range Community Coalition
- The Coalition works with a broad base of community partners to restore forest health, improve wildlife habitat, reduce risk of unnatural fire, and facilitate small diameter timber based businesses.
- Front Range Fuels Treatment Partnership
- The Front Range Fuels Treatment Partnership is a dynamic partnership of federal, state and local governments, land-management agencies, private landowners, conservation organizations and others.
- Herger-Feinstein Quincy Library Group Pilot Project
- The Quincy Library Group created a model for forest governance by making the community and community goals a central part of forest management.
- Kinzua Quality Deer Cooperative
- Public and private forest managers, with the conservation group Sand County Foundation, created the voluntary Kinzua Quality Deer Cooperative to restore a healthy forest ecosystem.
- Thunderbird/Tajique Landscape Projects
- Two landscape-scale projects with large partnerships are working to reduce fire hazard, improve forest health, and create jobs for community sustainability.
- Vermont Family Forests Community Forests Project
- The Vermont Family Forests Partnership has created The Little Hogback Community Forest LLC, made up of 16 area residents who will collectively own and manage a 115-acre, conserved forest in VT.
- White Mountain Apache Tribe
- The White Mountain Apache Tribe has created innovative strategies for balancing economic development and resource conservation.