Background and Education:
Ken is a native of Rocksprings, Texas. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Government from the University of Texas at Arlington and a J.D. from St. Mary’s University in San Antonio in 1976.
- Trial Lawyer and Mediator
- Board Certified, Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization 1989-present
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
- Member: American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member: The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Texas Super Lawyer for 2004-present
- State Bar of Texas - November, 1976
- Western District of Texas - January, 1987
- Southern District of Texas - November, 1990
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit - May, 1991
A founding member of the firm, Ken is an established, successful trial attorney, being certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Civil Trial Law since 1989. Mr. Nunley is also an active mediator, and has worked to bring closure to difficult disputes through mediated settlement.
Ken has tried to verdict all types of cases but began early in his career emphasizing cases involving oil and gas (instruments – leases, mineral deeds and suits for royalty owners regarding failure of covenants), litigation involving business organizations (partner and shareholder issues) and probate issues (will contests, breach of trustees duties, etc.). This experience is the foundation for successful results in trial and settlement that netted his clients tens of millions of dollars.