Lafayette Parish Extensionupdated: November 2013
The Lafayette Parish region of south Louisiana was settled by French-speaking Acadians in the mid 1700s. Lafayette began as Petit Manchac is the mid-1700s when the English and Indian traders flocked to the point where the Old Spanish Trail crossed the Vermilion River. The town's name was changed to Lafayette in 1884. Today, Lafayette is a center of the gulf oil and gas industry.

Contact Lafayette Parish Extension

Angela Arnould
Agent
1010 LAFAYETTE ST STE 325
PARISH GOVERNMENT BLDG
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana  70501-6884
Phone: 337/291-7090
Fax: 337/291-7099


 

Service Area

Services provided in:
  • Lafayette Parish, Louisiana


To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator