Land Conservancy of West Michigan


The Land Conservancy of West Michigan, formerly the Natural Areas Conservancy of West Michigan, was founded in 1976 by a dedicated group of volunteers who sought to protect West Michigan's natural landscape. Today, with a professional staff and office in Grand Rapids, the Land Conservancy is an independent, non-profit land trust and the only land trust solely dedicated to the permanent protection of important natural lands and open space in West Michigan. A broad coalition of local foundations, friends, neighbors and business people invest their time, talents and money to support our efforts to keep nature nearby. Volunteers continue to be a critical part of our organization. Please visit the Support Us page to learn how you can help by becoming a volunteer or a member.

Mission Statement
To keep nature nearby, the Land Conservancy of West Michigan permanently protects natural and scenic lands. To date, the Land Conservancy has permanently protected more than 4,500 acres of West Michigan's forests, fields, wetlands and dunes in a service area that includes all or parts of Allegan, Kent, Ottawa, Newaygo, Muskegon, Oceana, Mason and Lake Counties.



 

Accreditation seal


Contact Land Conservancy of West Michigan

April Scholtz
Land Protection Director
1345 Monroe Avenue NW
Ste. 324
Grand Rapids, Michigan  49505-4693
Phone: (616)-451-9476
Fax: (616)-451-3054


 

Service Area

Statewide service provider in:
  • Michigan


To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator