Louisiana Natural Heritage Program
Contact Louisiana Natural Heritage Program
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Louisiana Natural Heritage Program
- Connecticut Lakes Headwaters Partnership
- In northern New Hampshire 171,000 acres of forestland were purchased to enhance recreational opportunities and benefit the local economy through sustainable forestry.
- Cool Springs, NC
- Over 2,500 of diverse forested wetland acres, located along the Neuse River floodplain and owned by forest industry, will remain forested forever.
- Mountain Plover Conservation Efforts in Colorado
- Several organizations partnered together to conduct research on over 300,000 acres of farm land in Colorado. Due to cooperative efforts, the plover was not listed as an Endangered Species.
- Oasis Valley Project
- The town of Beatty, Nevada partnered with The Nature Conservancy to craft a conservation strategy that prevented the endangered species listing for an endemic toad.
- Restoring bog turtle habitat in New York
- Federal, state, and NGO partners are working together with private landowners to restore the wetland habitat of the threatened bog turtle.