Marshall County Conservation District

Marshall County Conservation District was established in 1944, excluding six Northwest townships that were originally part of the Brown-Marshall Conservation District (established in 1937). In 1948 those six townships transferred their membership to the Marshall County Conservation District. Today’s Conservation District which includes all of Marshall county lies in the NE corner of South Dakota. It has approximately 567,040 acres. About 60% of the county is cropland with the rest being range, pastureland, lakes and marsh. Except for the extreme NE corner of the county, the eastern two thirds of the county is in the Coteau des Prairies, known locally as the “Sisseton Hills.” The extreme NE corner is part of the Minnesota River – Red River lowlands. The western part of the county is the Lake Dakota Plain.Marshall County has 3 State Parks; Fort Sisseton, Roy Lake and Sica Hollow. Besides the State Parks, lakes such as Clear, Buffalo, Red Iron, Nine Mile, Cottonwood and several others provide excellent outdoor recreation. Marshall County Conservation District works to promote and implement conservation practices that will preserve our natural resources for future generations

Contact Marshall County Conservation District

Wanda Franzen
District Manager
505 Vander Horck Ave
PO Box 8
Britton, South Dakota  57430-0008
Phone: (605) 448-2442
Fax: (605) 448-2914


Service Area

Services provided in:
  • Marshall County, South Dakota

To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator