Miller Farms Nursery
Miller Farms became a nursery in 1963 when brothers Don and Dick received their first nursery business license. Prior to then it was Miller Farms, an 80-acre family farm which they worked on with their parents Herb and Evelyn.

The original Miller Farms had 100 acres planted with potatoes, raised 12,000 chickens a year and had 150 head of dairy cows. The potatoes and chickens were phased out in the late 1970's. The Millers stopped milking cows in 1980.

“We built our house in 1957 and bought shrubs for landscaping from our potato seed grower in Oregon,” explains Dick Miller. “We sold the leftover shrubs at the small nursery which we operated on the farm. When those were sold, we bought more and soon had a variety of plants for sale in our nursery. A friend, George Berry, needed a lawn mower so we bought six and then we were in the lawn mower business. That’s basically how our business developed. We followed the demand, and now we are one of the largest power equipment dealers in Northern California.

One thing that hasn’t changed is that Miller Farms Nursery is still a family business with three generations of the Miller family working in various aspects of the operation.  We started our nursery business with one employee and have since grown to 45 employees with four divisions:
  • Nursery
  • Landscape Contractors
  • Power Equipment
  • Fencing

Contact Miller Farms Nursery

1828 Central Avenue
McKinleyville, California  95519
Phone: (707) 839-1571
Fax: (707) 839-2563


Service Area

Services provided in:
  • Humboldt County, California

To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator