Mississippi Wildlife Federationupdated: July 2014
Contact Mississippi Wildlife Federation
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Mississippi Wildlife Federation
- Amphibian Research and Monitoring Initiative
- The Amphibian Research and Monitoring Initiative is a partnership among public and private organizations to determine trends in amphibian populations.
- Catawba River Streambank Conservation Easements
- An unprecedented, voluntary effort by Crescent Resources, LLC is protecting nearly 200 miles of stream banks in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Downeast Lakes Forestry Partnership
- The Downeast Lakes Forestry Partnership secured a 27,000-acre community forest and a 312,000-acre conservation easement to sustain a rural economy.
- Forest For Every Classroom
- A Forest For Every Classroom partnership created a stewardship program to build capacity in teachers. They learn about teaching place, forests, ecology, and using public lands as outdoor classroom.
- Muddy Creek Watershed Restoration Project - North Carolina
- In 1998, Duke Power and the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission formed a partnership with several organizations to address the sediment problem in the Muddy Creek North Carolina watershed.
- Nebraska Tallgrass Prairie Partnership
- The Tallgrass Prairie Partnership identifies tallgrass management needs and directs habitat improvements on private lands.
- Northern Michigan Conservation and Wildlife Alliance
- To bring together all hands-on conservation organizations and to introduce them to the public.
- Puget Sound Nearshore Partnership
- The Puget Nearshore Partnership is a collaborative research and restoration project to restore the health of the waters and fisheries of Puget Sound.
- Southern Appalachian Elk Restoration
- Restoration of elk to its historic eastern range is underway in the southern Appalachians, with elk populations in Kentucky now exceeding 5,550.
- Unique Partnership Impacts Wetland and Stream Health
- The Kansas Alliance for Wetlands and Streams implements projects to restore and protect habitat and water quality in Kansas wetlands, streams, and riparian areas.
- Vermont Family Forests Community Forests Project
- The Vermont Family Forests Partnership has created The Little Hogback Community Forest LLC, made up of 16 area residents who will collectively own and manage a 115-acre, conserved forest in VT.