Contact Neighbors #9
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Neighbors #9
- Cheney Lake Water Quality Project
- Farmers, the City of Wichita, and NRCS and EPA partnered to fund and implement conservation practices to clean and protect the city’s water supply at Cheney Lake.
- DTE Energy Trenton Channel Power Plant
- Through local partnerships in Michigan, DTE Energy is helping the common tern make a comeback along the Detroit River.
- Grass Roots Source Water Protection Program
- Grassroots outreach and education program encourages voluntary conservation by landowners, farmers and ranchers to prevent drinking water pollution.
- Leopold Memorial Reserve
- Coordination among private landowners stopped land fragmentation, initiated habitat monitoring, and improved management which produced significant ecological research and educational opportunities.
- Malpai Borderlands Partnership
- The rancher-led partnership is protecting privately-owned land and working landscapes through easements, grass-banking and habitat restoration.
- Oregon White Oak Restoration
- Students and neighbors plant seven Oregon white oaks as pilot restoration project aimed at keeping oak habitat in the neighborhood.
- Project Green
- A grass roots group of neighbors living along Pittman Wash in Henderson Nevada decided to rid their community of weeds and tranpslant native trees and partnered with the Natinal Park Service.