Pond Storeupdated: June 2016

According to local records the Pond, from which the store derived its name, was built by the county as a watering place for oxen, horses and mules which were used in hauling cotton and other produce to Fort Adams by wagon for transshipment via river steamboat.

The first and post office was destroyed by fire. In 1881 the present structure was built.

The store still retains its original charm with hardwood floor, long rows of wooded shelves, display cases and wooden bench of the front porch.


Contact Pond Store


Contact Pond Store

Elizabeth Chaffin
182 Fort Adams-Pond Road
Woodville, Mississippi  39669
Phone: (601) 888-4426

 

Service Area

Statewide service provider in:
  • Mississippi


To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator