This striking Greek temple was built chiefly of northern pine circa 1850 by Siemeon Smith. The rear of his home was attached to a smaller 1807 Greek Revival building, which was originally a tavern operated by Barnet Hulick. Shadowlawn remained in the Smith-Berwick-Snowden family for a century and a half. The home was meticulously restored by the late Dr. Mildred Christian, and in 2011 it was donated to the St. Mary Landmarks Society by Dr. Alan Hoberman. View a St. Mary Cannoneers Flag along with othe historic confederate items on display.  Hours: Call for hours & admission prices.

Contact Shadowlawn

906 Main Street
Franklin, Louisiana  70538
Phone: (337) 828-2092


Service Area

Statewide service provider in:
  • Louisiana

To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator