Federal and state governments are heavily involved in the management of natural resources and have enacted numerous laws and regulations and formed a wealth of governmental agencies dedicated to preserving and exploiting natural resources. We have a number of lawyers in our firm who have particular expertise in the natural resource area, including fisheries and wildlife, logging and timber, minerals and mining, oil and gas, and water and riparian rights. We have a diverse group of clients-timber and mining companies, conservation groups, and individual farmers, fishermen, and landowners. Our lawyers assist in negotiating sales and leases of natural resources, interpret treaties, lobby for preservation of resources, research records of resource ownership, and perform many other functions in this area.
Our firm has broad experience in the area of Agricultural Law, which includes food production sites, such as farms and ranches, and food preparers and distributors, such as meat packing plants and dairy cooperatives. We represent clients with legal issues relating to equine law, agrochemicals, farm subsidies, export and trade matters, employment law, and patents on crops.
- Structuring and documenting for business entities (corporation, limited liability company, general or limited partnership, or joint venture)
- Developing alternative forms of ownership and management of the start-up entity (voting and non-voting common stock, convertible preferred stock, warrants and similar rights; and specialized LLC provisions)
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts, stock options, phantom stock, bonus and profit sharing agreements, employee nondisclosure, invention assignments, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements
- Drafting and reviewing stockholder agreements, including cross-purchase, redemption, insurance-funded buyout, voting trusts
- Drafting and reviewing license and royalty agreements (both patented and non-patented technologies), research and development agreements
- Structuring and advising clients in businesses recapitalizations, redemptions, reorganizations, and business trust formation
AND SO MUCH MORE!