Texas Parks and Wildlife Departmentupdated: November 2014
Contact Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- Binational Ocelot Recovery Project
- Conservation agencies, organizations and foundations in Texas and Tamaulipas, Mexico team up with landowners to save the endangered ocelot through incentives-based stewardship.
- Bob Long Safe Harbor
- Recovery of the Houston toad by providing safe harbor assurances and incentives to private landowners for their participation in habitat restoration and enhancement
- Central Texas Sustainability Partnership
- Conflict over habitat for two endangered species resulted in a diverse working group able to address the needs of both the species and affected landowners.
- Houston Toad Recovery
- Recovery of the Houston toad by providing safe harbor assurances and incentives to private landowners for their participation in habitat restoration and enhancement.
- Houston-Galveston Navigation Channels
- Inter-agency coordination effort restores key commercial navigation channel, using dredged materials to create two islands and over 4,000 acres of wetlands in Galveston bay.
- Marsh Terracing Project
- The project incorporated marsh terracing to restore fishery habitat and to test the cost effectiveness of this new restoration technique.
- Salt Cedar Brush Management
- Texas Landowners with federal cost-share funds are eradicating Salt Cedar in sections of the Canadian River to increase flow and benefit listed fish species.
- Texas Master Naturalist Program
- Master Naturalist volunteers provide education, outreach and service dedicated to beneficial management of natural resources and natural areas within their communities.