Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Contact Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
- Binational Ocelot Recovery Project
- Conservation agencies, organizations and foundations in Texas and Tamaulipas, Mexico team up with landowners to save the endangered ocelot through incentives-based stewardship.
- Bob Long Safe Harbor
- Recovery of the Houston toad by providing safe harbor assurances and incentives to private landowners for their participation in habitat restoration and enhancement
- Central Texas Sustainability Partnership
- Conflict over habitat for two endangered species resulted in a diverse working group able to address the needs of both the species and affected landowners.
- Houston Toad Recovery
- Recovery of the Houston toad by providing safe harbor assurances and incentives to private landowners for their participation in habitat restoration and enhancement.
- Houston-Galveston Navigation Channels
- Inter-agency coordination effort restores key commercial navigation channel, using dredged materials to create two islands and over 4,000 acres of wetlands in Galveston bay.
- Marsh Terracing Project
- The project incorporated marsh terracing to restore fishery habitat and to test the cost effectiveness of this new restoration technique.
- Salt Cedar Brush Management
- Texas Landowners with federal cost-share funds are eradicating Salt Cedar in sections of the Canadian River to increase flow and benefit listed fish species.
- Texas Master Naturalist Program
- Master Naturalist volunteers provide education, outreach and service dedicated to beneficial management of natural resources and natural areas within their communities.