The Land Trust of Danbury


The Land Trust of Danbury is a private, nonprofit corporation formed for the sole purpose of protecting open space – woodlands, fields, ponds, vernal pools and other wetlands – for:

  • Scenic views
  • Beautiful places for walking or running, nature education and inspiration
  • Habitats on which wildlife depend

The land trust advises private and municipal landowners of alternative land preservation methods, including possible tax benefits.

The land trust was incorporated in 1971 by a group of concerned residents. It assumed Danbury’s original name, Swampfield – a name that lasted only a few years for the city, until the Connecticut Colony Court decided in 1687 that it should be Danbury. The initial land donated to the land trust in the early 1970s was in the Long Ridge Road area. To this day, the largest number of acres owned by the land trust lie in this area.


Contact The Land Trust of Danbury

Bill Montgomery
President
PO Box 32
Danbury, Connecticut  06813-0032
Phone: 203-744-2795


 

Service Area

Statewide service provider in:
  • Connecticut


To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator