The AFC grows and sells forest tree seedlings for reforestation.
AFC seedlings are grown at Baucum Nursery for one growing season. When the seedlings become dormant in the fall, they are lifted and packed "bare root" (there is no dirt on the roots) for shipment to designated cooler locations as indicated below.
The AFC is able to select and grow only the best seed from its Loblolly pine seed orchard. As a result, we are able to offer family blocks of high genetic gain value.
- 1 Star Loblolly Pine = 25-32% Genetic Gain
- 2 Star Loblolly Pine = 33-40% Genetic Gain
- 3 Star Loblolly Pine = 41-51% Genetic Gain
An example of 51 percent gain is:
If 100 acres of unimproved or woods run pine is equal to 100 acres of timber at harvest, then 100 acres of 51 percent genetically improved pine would equal 151 acres of timber at harvest.
Terms and Conditions:
- Loblolly Pine - minimum order 50:
- Shortleaf Pine - minimum order 500:
- Hardwood - minimum order 25.
- The Arkansas Forestry Commission will not plant your seedlings.
- When handled properly, a landowner should expect approximately 90 percent of the seedlings to survive. The AFC ships healthy seedlings, but provides no warranty concerning survival or growth.
- Seedlings purchased from the AFC are not for resale. Evidence of resale will constitute grounds for refusal of seedling orders.
- To be assured of timely delivery, the landowner must contact the selected pick-up location at least 5 working days before the desired delivery date.
- The AFC may reduce or cancel orders depending upon the availability of seedlings. If we do, we will refund your purchase price.
- If you cancel your order before December 1, we will refund the purchase price.
- Full payments must accompany all seedling orders less than 100,000 pine or 50,000 hardwood. Delayed payment may be allowed for larger orders. Bills will be sent after final seedling delivery. Full payment for larger orders is required within 30 days of billing date. Overpayment errors of $10 or less will not be refunded.
- If you do not order online, mail orders to the Arkansas Forestry Commission, 3821 West Roosevelt Road, Little Rock, AR 72204.
Seedling Order Form PDF
Forest tree seedlings must be handled carefully from the time they are lifted at the nursery, until they are transplanted. Download a PDF version of our Seedling Care and Planting Guidelines for directions to properly plant bare root tree seedlings. Seedling Care and Planting Guidelines (PDF)
Landowners must pick up their seedlings at one of the Arkansas Forestry Commission cooler facilities. The map below reflects the nine AFC Districts; the cooler locations by district are listed below the map:
Baucum Nursery (primary location)
1402 Hwy 391 N.
North Little Rock, AR 72117
1327 Scogin Drive
Monticello, AR 71655
106 N. Main Street
Dierks, AR 71833
1690 Linden Road, Hwy 334
Forrest City, AR 72335
2301 Fox Meadow Lane
Jonesboro, AR 72403
Municipal Airport Road, Hwy. 11
Stuttgart, AR 72160
2165 Champagnolle Road
El Dorado, AR 71730
1171 Lafayette 31
Stamps, AR 71860
207 Airport Road
Malvern, AR 72104
Clarksville, AR 72830
204 Wilcox Ave., Hwy 14 East
Mountain View, AR 72560
2780 N. Garland Ave.
Fayetteville, AR 72704
#40 Arnhart Street
Ash Flat, AR 72513
#20 Industrial Park,
Hwy 225 W
Greenbrier, AR 72058
101 E. Searcy Street
Kensett, AR 72082
AFC Seedling Sales Program
Arkansas Forestry Commission
1402 Hwy. 391 North
North Little Rock, AR 72117
Toll Free: 888-457-4221
Statewide service provider in: